Wednesday, March 25, 2009

If you are not trying to make things better you are a part of the problem

There are thirty five steps from the Pallazo on the South side of the Oklahoma Capitol to the entrance - which is closed. Forever, I guess there has been a sign on the Southeast corner of the Pallazo which says "Doors closed use SE entrance." Many, many folks have walked from the South parking lot and then up the thirty five steps to get the first message and then down again and in their search have found the "real" sign. This morning, I twittered about this situation and wouldn't you know it! The informative sign was in an informative position out in front of the South steps at noon. I felt so darn good!

The second thing is about service, scams and good service. Yesterday I went to the Wal Mart pharmacy to get a simple prescription that had been phoned in that morning. I was told that it would be twenty minutes so I left and went to the hotel and worked out on the weights. I returned about six or so and was told it would be twenty minutes, so I wandered to grocery and bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner. I purchased my drugs and left.

Today I needed more drugs, penicillin for a tooth abscess. This was phoned in from my dentist's office this morning. About six this afternoon I went to pick up the drugs and was told it would be about twenty minutes so I went out and bought a fish to eat and came back. I was told it would be about twenty minutes. A really nice lady behind me said "They told me the same thing." She had some new pillows so I asked her, "What did you do with your twenty minutes?" She said "I bought these pillows."

"Well now," I thought and instructed the young lady behind the counter to summon the manager. It is hard to believe but within five minutes a stocky, sweet looking lady appeared and introduced herself as Susan the manager.

I informed Susan that I thought that WM was scamming people on the twenty minute wait to induce them into twenty minutes of impulse shopping. An hour wait and most folks would leave.

All of a sudden there was great scurrying behind the counter and I was informed that my order was ready. Susan and I visited a bit, I took my order and she stationed herself near the counter. I stood by the Tylenol to observe. Five people in a row got their prescriptions just like that!

I commend Susan as a true service person. As she said "I have to do good because my retirement from WM and my Social are all I've got." I expect that she will be checking the Pharmacy from time to time now. I will be too. Susan wants to do good even if some marketing hopeful over at Springdale wants to scam folks into an extra twenty minutes of shopping. I am for Susan and darn, I felt good.

Dirt Pile: Senate Democrats are having a ball committing to spending bills like never before. You barely have to explain the bill and your dollar needs before they say "I support it." As close as the count is with the Ds and a couple of Rs who may relly see the need, some good stuff may be funded. Otherwise the R leadership has to turn down everything because of the shortfall.

No comments: